the activation council
The Activation Council, as an anchor for the knowledge-based innovation and entrepreneurial community, provides the leadership and vision for the Richmond regional innovation ecosystem with a willingness to invent, take and manage risks, and share credit for success.
- Forum for collaboration and coordinated innovation activities amongst stakeholders in the region.
- Set goals and metrics for innovation for the Region and monitoring progress toward goals.
- Identify gaps in the innovation ecosystem and lead efforts to identify sources to fill gaps in the region.
- Identify gaps in capital requirements and leading effort to provide the financial means to sustain a successful innovation ecosystem.
- Craft message for marketing organizations at the local, regional, and statewide level of innovation excellence to help in the recruitment, retention, and expansion.
Carrie Roth, President & CEO, Activation Capital
Michael Rao, Ph.D., Chair - President, VCU
Jen Finn, Vice Chair, COO, Small Business Banking, Capital One
The Hon. Esther Lee, Secretary of Commerce & Trade, Commonwealth of Virginia
The Hon. Levar Stoney, Mayor, City of Richmond
Bryan Bostic, Managing Director, Spanish Moss Holdings LLC & Interim Executive Director, Startup Virginia
Joe Casey, Ph.D., Chesterfield County Administrator
Elizabeth Creamer, Vice President of Workforce Development & Credential Attainment, Community College Workforce Alliance
Robby Demeria, Executive Director, RVATech
Rob Driver, Ph.D., Director of Innovation, Altria Client Services
Cecil "Rhu" Harris, Hanover County Administrator
Frank Macrina, Ph.D., Vice President of Research and Innovation, VCU
Paul Nolde, Director, NRV & President, Venture Forum RVA
Todd Nuckols, Co-Founder, Lighthouse Labs
Kim Sheeler, President/CEO, ChamberRVA
Lisa Sims, Executive Director, Venture Richmond
Joe Tannery, DRIC Board Member & Energy Technology Advisor, Dominion Energy
John Vithoulkas, Henrico County Manager
Garret Westlake, Ph.D., Executive Director, VCU DaVinci Center